13 Jun Fettucine with Mushroom Sauce
Bring the earthy tones of this recipe to life with Luigi Vitelli Fettucine and Italian Peeled Tomatoes tossed with a sumptuous sauce you can make in minutes.
- 1 pound Luigi Vitelli Fettuccine
- 56 oz Luigi Vitelli Italian Peeled Tomatoes
- 3/4 oz dried porcini mushrooms, cut into pieces
- 1 finely chopped small onion
- 3 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Freshly grated parmigiano cheese
- A pinch of salt
Soak the mushrooms in water for 20 minutes. Sauté the onions in a sauce pan for about 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms cut into pieces and mix in well. Add the squeezed tomatoes, and mix in again with salt to taste. Cook the sauce for 15 minutes. When the sauce is cooked, remove it from the heat and add the parsley. Cook the pasta al dente, drain it, and add it to the sauce and mix. Serve hot with fresh grated parmigiano cheese.